- Salesianum High School, Wilmington, Delaware, Graduated 1975.
- Dickinson College, Carlyle, Pennsylvania (Bachelor of Arts in English), Graduated 1979.
- Delaware School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware; AM JUR Award (Constitutional Law) (J.D. 1983).
- Admitted to the Pennsylvania Bar in 1983.
- Judge Advocate, United States Navy (1983-1988). Received Navy Achievement Medal; Navy Commendation Medal. Served as a Navy lawyer with the rank of Lieutenant and was stationed in Charleston, South Carolina.
- Law Offices of Grimball & Cabaniss (1987-1989). Associate at Grimball & Cabaniss, a twelve (12) lawyer Law Firm specializing in Insurance Defense Litigation.
- Partner at DeLuca & Maucher (1989 to present). A General Practice Law Firm. I have limited my practice primarily to civil claims for personal injury and death arising from motor vehicle and trucking accidents, medical negligence, dog bites, premises liability, boating accidents, and defective products. I have successfully represented the interests of thousands of injury victims during many years of practice, including successful verdicts in both State and Federal Courts. Significant legal claims either settled or litigated to conclusion include a verdict for $1,000,000.00 for a truck driver who was disabled because of his injuries; a settlement on the Courthouse steps worth approximately $20,000,000.00 for a young man placed in a coma from a truck accident; and a settlement during litigation in the amount of $4,500,000.00 against a hospital for the negligence of its nurses, which resulted in the death of a young mother.
- Over my years of practice, I have also served in a part-time capacity as a Municipal Court Judge for the Town of Mount Pleasant, Special Summary Court Judge for the Ninth Judicial Circuit, Arbitrator deciding claims for injury on behalf of insurance companies, and also as a Mediator helping other attorneys and insurance companies arrive at settlement of claims to avoid the litigation process.
- I am a member of the American Associates for Justice, and the South Carolina Trial Lawyers’ Association.
- I am proud to represent injured citizens of the Lowcountry. Myself and this Firm have built our reputation on hard work and treating our clients with respect and dignity. I truly feel that I make a difference in the lives of my clients, and that is important to me and my staff.
Municipal Court Judge for the Town of Mount Pleasant, South Carolina (1991-1992).
Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania 1983, South Carolina Courts, Federal District Court for South Carolina 1988.
Contact Michael A. Maucher:
Telephone: 843-572-1711 ~ Fax: 843-572-1285